With over 50 experienced trial attorneys, a dedicated support staff, and more than 40 years of experience, the legal defense law firm of Wiedner & McAuliffe is poised to help clients solve complex legal problems and business disputes.
We are dedicated to providing quality, focused, and cost-effective defense solutions and litigation strategies to clients in Chicago, Rockford, Indiana, St. Louis, Kansas City, and throughout the Midwest in connection with workers’ compensation claims, employment matters, insurance coverage disputes, medical risk, industry-wide litigation, and other business disputes. We represent clients big and small from a variety of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, retail, insurance, construction, ground transportation, aviation, education, consumer goods, and health care.
Contact our office at (312) 855-1105, or one of the numbers listed below, to learn more about how we can help you with your legal needs.
Our Primary Practice Areas
We represent clients in connection with the following:
- Commercial Disputes. We represent clients in a variety of commercial disputes, including business torts, contract disputes, employment disputes, and industry-wide litigation. Our clients include building owners, retailers, construction companies, and manufacturers ranging in size from Fortune 500 companies to locally-owned businesses.
- Construction Disputes. We aggressively defend construction companies, contractors, architects, and engineers in construction disputes throughout the country.
- Employment Matters. We regularly defend employers who are facing claims of defamation, breach of employment contract, retaliatory discharge, trade secret claims, wrongful termination, and violation of civil rights laws and labor statutes.
- Fire and Explosion. Our focused legal team combines its understanding of chemistry and other scientific principles with applicable legal standards and procedures to effectively defend fire and explosion claims.
- Industry-Wide Litigation. Our lawyers are consistently asked to serve as national, local, and lead counsel for several Fortune 500 companies and other well-recognized entities in connection with industry-wide litigation and mass tort claims.
- Insurance Coverage Disputes. Insurance coverage is an integral part of any successful business and we are regularly called on by major insurance carriers throughout the country to assist them with insurance coverage disputes.
- Personal Injury Defense. We defend property owners, employers, and businesses in connection with various personal injury claims, including slip and falls, auto accidents, inadequate security, and defective products.
- Product Liability Defense. We defend manufacturers, retailers, and distributors in connection with personal injury and property damage claims that result from alleged design or manufacturing defects.
- Professional Liability. We often represent architects, engineers, designers, and other professionals – along with their insurance carriers – in connection with tort claims and other professional liability claims.
- Subrogation Issues. Workers’ compensation and insurance claims often involve complicated issues related to subrogation, which can have a significant impact on a business. As such, we routinely advise clients with respect to the following subrogation areas: commercial property, residential property, auto insurance, and workers’ compensation.
- Toxic Tort/Asbestos. Toxic tort claims are based on individuals alleging personal injury from exposure to chemicals such as cleaners, lead, asbestos, pesticides, and numerous other industrial chemicals, along with claims of general damage from other pollution.
- Medical Malpractice. As part of our Health & Managed Care practice, Wiedner & McAuliffe attorneys in our Chicago and St. Louis offices have successfully defended hospitals and physicians in high profile medical malpractice claims throughout the Midwest.
- Medical Device. The medical device industry is the focus of substantial regulation and government scrutiny.
- Workers’ Compensation Defense. For more than 40 years, we have been representing employers before workers’ compensation commissions and state courts in connection with workers compensation claims.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance Compliance
- Real estate
Offices throughout Illinois and the Midwest
With offices in Chicago, Rockford, St. Louis, Indiana, and Kansas City, we are poised to represent businesses large and small throughout Illinois and the Midwest. Contact us at (312) 855-1105 and learn more about how our legal team can become part of your team.