Wiedner & McAuliffe attorneys understand that a product liability lawsuit can be particularly harmful to a manufacturer or distributor that is unfamiliar with the American civil liability system. With our nationwide reputation for excellence in product liability defense, our attorneys are ready and able to provide knowledgeable, cost-effective defense counsel to international manufacturers and distributors of goods and services.
If an imported product is the subject of a personal injury or property damage claim, or if it is alleged to have been defectively manufactured or designed, our attorneys can guide the manufacturer or distributor through the often complex web of laws and regulations that govern the dispute. This allows the client to focus on growing business in the U.S. market with the knowledge that its interests are being protected in every transaction.
Our product liability defense attorneys can tailor a defense program to fit your specific needs as an international manufacturer or distributor. We proudly offer the following legal services:
- Single-point contact for all claims and lawsuits
- Initial evaluation of claims, including early retention of experts required to defend the claim
- Exposure and expense budget reserve recommendations
- Coordination of claims, lawsuits, and defense on a national, regional or state wide basis
- Preparation of consistent discovery responses on a nationwide basis
- Protection of your business documents through the use of protective orders
- Access to computerized accounts of your claims
- Product liability trials
- Product liability prevention through discussions with in-house engineers and product reviews
- Analysis of product warnings and instructions
- Product recall advice and analysis
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reporting requirements counsel and assistance